what is monitor in hindi You must have seen the display unit monitor working in the computer and playing video games, movies or any other work in it.
But do you know what is a monitor, what is the full form of monitor, who discovered the monitor, what are the types of monitors, what are the functions and features of monitors.
If you do not know the answers to the above questions then read this article till the end. In this, we have given you complete information about what is monitor in simple words. After reading which you will get useful information about it. So let’s start this article and know what is monitor –
What is monitor? (What is Monitor in Hindi)
Monitor is an output device of the computer that displays the data inputted to the computer on the computer screen. Monitor is also known as visual display unit, as it displays the information on the screen.
Monitor is an important device of computer. Without this, the computer is incomplete because until we do not know what is going on in the computer, we will not be able to work in the computer.
The monitor is connected to the CPU, when the user inputs data or gives instructions to the computer through the keyboard or mouse, the computer output device displays the result in the monitor at the same time the work is done. The monitor shows all the information to the user in the form of images, videos and text.
Monitor is also called screen or display by many people, but its real name is monitor.
What is the full form of Monitor? (What is Monitor Full Form in Hindi)
Monitor ka full form hota hai – Machine Output Number of Information to Organize Report (Machine Output Number of Information to Organize Report)
Who invented the monitor? (Who Invented Monitor In Hindi)
Monitor was invented by German scientist Karl Ferdinand Braun in 1897 AD. This was the Cathode Ray Monitor (CTR).
What is the type of monitor? (Types Of Monitor In Hindi)
In today’s time monitors come in many types depending on the make, size and design. Some of the major types of monitors are as follows –
- plasma monitor
CTR (Cathode Ray Tube)
CTRs are the most commonly used output devices. This monitor uses cathode ray tube technology to display the image. CTR technology is also used in making television screens.
Cathode ray tube is basically a vacuum tube. On one side of which there is an electron gun and on the other side there is a fluorescent screen.
In today’s time, their use is gradually decreasing, the main reason for this is that they are very heavy and expensive. Light and cheap monitors are being used in their place.
LCD (Liquid Crystal Display)
As we know that CTR monitors were very heavy and occupied a lot of space, but gradually with the development of technology, the size of monitors also started changing. Instead of CTR, the use of LCD started increasing.
Liquid crystal is used to make LCD, it is thin in size and light in weight. Therefore, it does not require much space to keep them.
LCD consumes less power than CTR and it also produces less heat. Earlier LCD was used in laptops but now LCD is also used for desktop computers.
LED (Light Emitting Diode)
Like LCD, LED is also a flat panel display and slightly curved at the edges, which are easily available in the market today.
Light Emitting Diodes are used for LED back lighting. It consumes less power than CTR and LCD, and is also more durable than them.
SSD (Surface Conducted Electron Emitting Display)
SSD are high resolution and flat panel display monitors. Canon and Toshiba have made it together. SSDs use up to 50 percent less power than CTR monitors. Electron emitted array and phosphorous layer are used to make this type of monitor.
A monitor features a high contrast screen with vibrant colors and brightness. It works on the plasma discharge principle. Plasma displays are thinner than CTR and brighter than LCD. After the availability of LCD at cheap prices, the use of plasma monitors is gradually declining.
Types of Color Based Monitors
There are mainly three types of monitors on the basis of color –
- gray scale
- color monitor
Monochrome monitors are single color displays, it displays the output as black and white.
Gray scale is similar to monochrome, which displays the output in shades of gray.
Color monitors are capable of displaying graphics in high resolution and display the output as an adjustment of RBG (Red Blue Green) radiation.
Features of Monitor
The main features of the monitor are as follows –
1 – Resolution
Resolution refers to how the pixels are packed on the screen. A pixel is a single point in a graphic image. Monitors display images by dividing the picture into millions of pixels. Which are arranged in row and column.
2 – Dot – Pitch
Dot pitch is a measurement technique used to represent the horizontal distance between two pixels. It is measured in millimetres, it represents the quality of the monitor.
3 – Size
The most important characteristic of a monitor is its size. Monitor size is measured in height and width. The monitor of a computer system is similar to a TV screen. Monitors are measured in terms of dial inches.
4 – Refresh Rate (Refresh Rate)
The refresh rate of a monitor refers to how many times per second the monitor has to be refreshed. The refresh rate per minute for monitors is measured in refresh rates.
What does the monitor do?
A computer monitor is a type of display adapter that displays information processed by a computer’s video card.
When a video card or graphics card converts binary information from 1s and 0s into images, the images can be displayed easily and directly on a connected monitor.
Therefore, the main function of a computer monitor is to display video and graphical information that is generated from the computer’s graphics adapter. With this, it provides the user with the facility to interact with the computer.
It is classified according to the output device. A monitor is a very important part of the entire computer system. It is also called Video Display Unit (VDU).
History of Monitors
- In 1964 built-in CRT technology was added to the Uniscope 300 machine, which was not a true computer monitor.
- After this, in 1965, A. Johnson invented the touch screen technology.
- The Xerox Alto computer was launched on 1 March 1973, with the first computer monitor. Monochrome display and CRT technology were combined or used in this monitor.
- After this, in 1975, George Samuel Hurst made the first resistive (resistive) touch screen display, which was used before 1982.
- In 1976 the Apple I and Sol-20 computer systems were launched. Inside this system was a video port connected to the computer, which allowed the video screen to be played on the computer monitor. In 1977, James P. Mitchell invented LED display technology. But this monitor was not available for purchase in the market for the next 30 years.
- In June 1977, the Apple II was launched, allowing color display on CRT monitors.
- After this, in 1987, IBM launched the first VGA monitor IBM 8513.
- Eizo Nanao manufactured the first LCD computer monitor, the Eizo L66, launched in the mid-1990s.
- After this, in 1997, IBM, Viewsonic and Apple started making color LCD monitors. It provides higher quality and resolution than CRT monitors.
- In 1998, the first color LCD monitor was created by Apple.
- Later in 2003, the sale of CRT monitors ceased due to LCD monitors.
- In 2006 Jeff Hahn released the first interface free and touch dependent monitor at TED.
- In 2009, the NEC company released the MultiSync EA222WMe LCD monitor, which was the first monitor from NEC.
Advantages of Monitor (Advantage Of Monitor In Hindi)
There are many advantages of monitors, some of which are as follows –
- Modern LCD monitors consume less power than CTR monitors.
- Older monitors used cathode ray tubes but modern monitors use LED backlighting, liquid crystal displays.
- The monitor displays information in a graphical form that the user can easily understand.
- Every image on an LCD monitor has sharpness.
- Monitors are more affordable while being cost effective.
- Touchscreens are faster than a mouse and trackball.
Disadvantage Of Monitor In Hindi)
- While there are many advantages of the monitor, there are also some disadvantages, such as –
- Monitors can be a bit pricey.
- CTR monitors occupy more space and are also heavy due to which they cannot be easily moved from one place to another.
difference between tv and monitor
The computer screen ie monitor is similar to TV in appearance. But actually there is a lot of difference between the two. People often use TV as a computer screen. But the truth is that TV is not made for computer screen. So here we have clarified the difference between TV and Monitor. You can understand the difference between TV and Monitor by reading the points mentioned below. So let’s know.
- TVs come in various sizes. Whereas a monitor is of smaller size.
- The resolution of a TV is lower than that of a monitor. That is, the resolution of the monitor is high.
- The viewing angle of the TV is 160 degrees. While the viewing angle of the monitor is 110°.
- The picture quality of a monitor is better and clearer than that of a TV.
- Monitors have more input jacks or connectors than TVs.
- TV has tuner and speaker. While all this does not happen in the monitor.
- Monitor has better refresh rate than TV.
- Monitor is an output device and also called as visual display unit.
- Computer is incomplete without monitor.
- The word monochrome is made up of two words mono (single) and chrome (color), hence it is called single color display.
- The full form of CRT is cathode ray tube.
- Cathode ray tube monitors are the most commonly used output devices, also known as visual display units.
- The full form of LCD is Liquid Crystal Display.
- The full name of LED is Light Emitting Diode.
- The monitor serves as the output device.
- You can see and read pictures and text on a computer monitor.
- Today many monitors are cost effective as well as more affordable.
- LCD monitors are energy efficient as they consume much less power than CTR monitors.
- LCD monitors generate less radiation while generating heat.
questions to ask
Who was the father of monitor?
The father of the monitor is the German scientist Karl Ferdinand Braun.
What is monitor called in English?
Monitor is called Monitor in English only.
What is the monitor called?
Monitor is also called screen or display.
What is another name for monitor?
Monitor is also called visual display unit.
How is it to see the monitor?
Monitor is similar to TV in view.
What type of device is a monitor?
Monitor is the output device.
What is the function of monitor?
The main function of the monitor is to display the instructions given to the computer on the screen.
What is the full form of Monitor?
The full name of Monitor is Machine Output Number of Information to Organize Report.
What is the full form of LED?
The full name of LED is Light Emitting Diode.
What is the full form of LCD?
The full form of LCD is Liquid Crystal Display.
Read this also –
Hope you have liked this information. if you like this article What is a monitor, types, advantages and disadvantages If you find it helpful, then you must share this article with your friends. and if your this article (What is Monitor in Hindi) If you have any question related to this then you can use the comment box given below.
Thank you for staying till the end of the article