Secondary Teacher Eligibility Test will be organized by MPSEB, Madhya Pradesh Staff Selection Board from 25 April 2023. The starting date to fill the application form for MPTET VARG 2 will be from 30 January 2023 to 13 February 2023.
Important Points of MPTET 2023 VARG 2 Eligibility Test
1. For the first time negative marking has been introduced in the eligibility test which was never introduced earlier. As per departmental rules, each question will be of 1 mark, negative evaluation will be done for every 04 questions, 01 mark will be deducted for wrong answer i.e. minus marking of point .25 marks will be done.
2. In the Higher Secondary Teacher Eligibility Test, 50% marks have been set to qualify for SC / ST / OBC / Divyangjan and Economically Weaker Section candidates, while 60% marks have been set for others.
3. Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Other Backward Classes, Economically Weaker Section candidates who are native of Madhya Pradesh. They will get the benefit of minimum 50% qualifying marks only when they have a valid certificate issued by the competent authority of Madhya Pradesh. For applicants from other states, the minimum qualifying marks will be 60% only.
4. The validity of Teacher Eligibility Test will be lifelong.
5. Lifetime validity will be applicable for Teacher Eligibility Test conducted in the year 2018 and thereafter, that is, the candidates in the Teacher Eligibility Test conducted in the year 2018 or thereafter need not appear in the eligibility test again.
MPTET 2023 Exam Scheme
The question paper for Higher Secondary Teacher Eligibility Test will be of 150 marks and the duration of the exam will be 2:30 hours. All the questions in the Eligibility Test will be of Multiple Choice Question type. Those who have four options, one option will be correct. Each question will be of 1 mark, there will be negative evaluation, 01 mark will be deducted for every 04 questions for the wrong answer. There will be two parts of the question paper – Part A (30 marks) and Part B (120 marks). Part A will be compulsory for all and one subject will have to be selected from the 07 subjects included under Part B. 7 subjects include Hindi Language, English Language, Sanskrit Language, Urdu Language, Mathematics, Science, Social Science.
For all these subjects, the syllabus issued for the post of Secondary Teacher (Subject Teacher) will be applicable.
Special Note – Separate Syllabus has been released for Secondary Teacher Sports and Secondary Teacher Music Vocal Instrumental. Along with this, a separate syllabus has also been issued for Primary Teacher Sports Primary Teacher Music (Vocal Instrumental).
MPTET 2023 is part of a syllabus for all
Total 04 parts will be passed in Part A (30 Marks)
1. General Hindi -08 Marks, 08 Questions
2. General English – 05 marks, 05 questions
3. General Knowledge & Current Affairs, Reasoning & Numerical Ability – 7 Marks, 7 Questions.
4. Education (Pedagogy) – 10 marks, 10 questions.
Total Subject 04, Total Marks-30, Total Question-30
In Part A, General Knowledge and Current Affairs, Logical and Mental Ability, Pedagogy, the level of the content will be equivalent to the level of the student of Higher Secondary School level, the level of Hindi and English content will be equivalent to the Higher Secondary School Examination.
While the level of subject matter of Part B will be equivalent to graduation level. The questions in this question paper will be based on the subject matter of the prevailing syllabus of class 9th and 10th of Madhya Pradesh state but their difficulty level and linkage will be of graduate level. The question paper will be based on the concept of problem solving and understanding of pedagogy.
MPTET 2023 VARG 2 Syllabus in Detail
1. Hindi Language – Under this part there will be questions based on language comprehension and comprehension. Two readings will be given for linguistic comprehension and comprehension. In which one passage (from drama/one act/event/essay/story etc.) while the other will be in the form of unread verse. Questions related to comprehension, interpretation, grammar and verbal ability will be asked from this reading. The passages can be based on literary/scientific/social harmony/immediate events. A total of 8 questions of 08 marks will be asked from this part.
2. English Language-
1. Reading Comprehension – Two short passages followed by short answer type questions.
2. Vocabulary (Level 10th Class)
one word substitution
Idioms / Idioms
3. Functional Grammar (Level 10th Class) Articles
conversion of sentences
A total of 05 questions of 05 marks will be asked from this part.
3. General Knowledge and Current Affairs, Reasoning and Mental Ability (General Knowledge, Current Affairs, Reasoning and Numerical Ability)
General knowledge and current events/current affairs/events of national and international importance, history of India and national movement of India, geography of India and the world, physical, social, economic, geography of India and the world etc. Indian Politics and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Issues, Sections, Rights etc. Economic and social development, sustainable development, poverty, inclusion, demography, initiatives in social sectors etc. General issues based on environment, ecology, biodiversity, climate change, general science. Indian culture, national and international sports, history, geography and politics of Madhya Pradesh. Economic and social development of Madhya Pradesh.
Reasoning and Numerical Ability
General Mental and Analytical Ability, Verbal/Logical Reasoning involving Relationship and Hierarchy, Analogy, Assertion, Truth Statement, Coding and Decoding, Situational Reasoning, Sequencing Patterns involving words and letters.
Quantitative Aptitude Two and Three Dimensional Venn Diagram based questions, Number Patterns, Series Sequence, Basic knowledge of numbers (numbers and their relations, order of magnitude etc.) Arithmetic Aptitude, Interpretation of data (graph, graph, table, sufficiency of data etc.) Direction knowledge, analysis and interpretation in different contexts.
A- General Knowledge and Current Affairs
Current Affairs/Events of National and International Importance, History of India and Indian National Movement, Indian and World Geography- Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World etc.
Indian Polity and Governance-Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Issues, Articles, Rights etc. Economic and social development, poverty, inclusive demographics, social sector initiatives etc. General issues on environment, ecology, bio-diversity, climate change, general science. Indian Culture, National and International Sports, History, Geography and Political Science of Madhya Pradesh, Economics and Social Development of Madhya Pradesh.
Reasoning Ability – General Mental/Analytical Ability, Verbal/Logical Reasoning, Relationship and Hierarchy, Analogy, Assertion, Truth Statement, Coding and Decoding, Situational Reasoning, Series and Patterns, Incorporation of words and letters.
Numerical Ability-2 & 3 Dimensional / Venn Diagram based questions, Number Patterns, Series, Sequences, Basic Numbers (Numbers and their relations, order of magnitude etc.) Arithmetic Ability, Data Interpretation (Charts, Graphs or Tables, Data Sufficiency etc.) Direction Meaning, analysis and interpretation in different contexts.
A total of 07 questions of 07 marks will be asked from this subject.
04. Child Development and Pedagogy
1. Concept of child development and its relation to learning
2. Factors Affecting Growth and Development
3. Principles of child development Mental health and behavioral problems of the child
4. Influence of heredity and environment
5. Socialization Processes Social World and Children (Teachers, Parents, Peers)
6. Piaget, Pavlov, Kohler and Thorndike: Constructs and Critical Forms.
7. Concept of child centered and progressive education.
8. Critical nature of the construction of intelligence and its measurement, multidimensional intelligence.
10. Personality and its measurement
11. Language and Thought
12. Gender as a Social Construct, Role of Gender, Gender Differences and Educational Practices
13. Individual differences in learners, understanding of differences based on differences of language, caste, creed, religion etc.
14. Difference between Assessment for Learning and Assessment of Learning, School-Based Assessment, Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation, Forms and Practices (Assumptions)
Learning and Pedagogy
1. How children think and learn, why and how children fail to achieve success in school performance.
2. Basic Processes of Teaching and Learning, Strategies for Children’s Learning, Learning as a Social Process Social Context of Learning.
3. Child as problem solver and scientific investigator, alternative concepts of learning in children, understanding children’s errors as a meaningful link in the learning process. Factors affecting learning, attention and interest.
4. Cognition and Emotion
5. Motivation and Learning
6. Personal and Environmental Factors Contributing to Learning
7. Guidance and Counseling
8. Aptitude and its measurement, memory and forgetfulness, concept of inclusive education and understanding of children with special needs
8. Identification of learners from diverse backgrounds including privileged and underprivileged sections
9. Identification of the needs of children with learning difficulties, impairments etc.
10. Identification of gifted, creative, special ability learners
11. Problem Child: Identification and Diagnostic Aspects 12. Juvenile Delinquency: Causes and Types
A total of 10 questions of 10 marks will be asked from this part.
In this way 30 questions of total 30 marks will be asked from Part A.
MPTET 2023 VARG 2 Syllabus in Detail Part B
In MP TET Class 2 Subject Teacher, 120 questions will be asked in Part B for a total of 120 marks. Under this, 07 subjects will be available. Hindi Language, English Language, Sanskrit Language, Urdu Language, Mathematics, Science and Social Science.
Click here to go to the detailed syllabus of these subjects. Apart from this, separate syllabus has been issued for Secondary Teacher Sports and Secondary Teacher Music Singing. Along with this, separate syllabus for Primary Teacher Sports Primary Teacher Music (Vocal Instrumental) has also been released through this link.